Sunday, February 26, 2012

On the Way to Drive New Media

Finally I've got the time to read that book-- The new media driver's license. That's because there's no wifi in Brody today, and I have nothing to do except reading that book.

It's very easy to be absorbed in reading it since the content focuses on new media varying from blogging to social networking, Google, online public relations, internet marketing, SEO and SEM which are all attractive things to me. I felt myself like a future driver of new media while reading the book. After reading it, I felt a strong eager to try some new social media tools. So I spent almost the whole afternoon wandering among Google's various products (calendar, latitude, shopper, etc), Tumblr, Scoop.it, Delicious, and other similar products -- totally a huge feast of social media! I felt a little bit lost.

Then I read the article of 4 easy steps to avoid social media overload online, which suggests that in order to focus better among various social media, marketers or PR personnels should consider their top social media goals, how much time could be dedicated each day, what type to tool could be used to help save time and such questions.

I'm just a green hand now, wandering around the maze of social media. And I’ve realized that a good driver of new media should know how to use these various kinds of media tools efficiently and wisely to target different people, at the same time without lacking a focus. I'm still on the way there.






No comments:

Post a Comment