Sunday, March 11, 2012

Two Habits to Keep Creative

Inspired by the interview of Francisco De La Torre-Rocha, I decided to develop these two habits:

"When I find something interesting, I either bookmark it, take a picture of it or simply write it down in my idea book."

-- I used to have a tiny notebook to take notes of my inspirations. I should buy a new one for drawing or scribbling, and writing down interesting things that inspire me or might inspire me.

"I have developed my own automatic tools to refresh myself every morning. As soon as I wake up and have my first coffee in the morning at 7am, it all starts with a quick visit to my own blog. I have designed that site to automatically update itself using custom RSS scripts that seek content 10-14 times a day with ideas from many creative/ideas websites such as Trend Hunter, We Make Money Not Art, et cetera. I have also linked up my blog to automatically update my Facebook and Twitter updates, so they are always updated with fresh creative content that helps me stay freshly creative. "

-- I have done half of the work--the form. I need to focus more on the other half--the content--to keep myself on the cutting edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment