Saturday, April 28, 2012

Efforts to Feed My Blog into Other Sites


During my efforts to pull my blog feed into external sites, Twitterfeed did a great help. Other similar apps are Tweetscan, Tweetbeep, Twitteroo and so on. Instead of manually sharing the post when there's an update, Twitterfeed automatically pulls posts from my blog to my other accounts like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. One amazing thing is that Twitterfeed works for Facebook page too, so that the notification of my new post of blog would only appear on the newly created Facebook page instead of on my personal account.

However, Twitterfeed still doesn't work for Google plus. I tried to find another way to import RSS feed to my Google plus page, but in vain. And the discussion online showed that there was no service to feed an RSS feed into the Google plus stream currently. Users could use the API to integrate the app or website with Google plus and Google+ API only allows us to read people's stream not write things into it yet. So what I could do was sharing the link of my blog on my Google plus page. That's not a quite smart way. But fortunately I do find by linking Google plus profile with my blogger account, thus my blog updates could be sent to selected circles on my Google plus account easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment